Monday, May 17, 2010

The most unfrotunate

I finished my prayer haphazardly as I have to finish some work after prayer. Though I was tempted to rush for my work I convinced myself to ask something to Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala). It was half harted attempt to make dua. While I was making dua an incident surfaced my memory that I heard from an elderly person. It goes like this:

Moos (alayhi salam) was preparing to go to mount Sinai to meet Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala). He asked his people if they have anything ask to Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) and people told him whatever they wished to ask Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala). One young man came forward and said, "O Moosa, I am very content with my life, I do not want anything from Allah." Moosa (alayhi salam) replied, "Who can be more unfortunate then you, Allah has taken away from you even the privilege to ask Him for something.

Aren't we in similar category? We are too busy with our life, work, family, passions. Even if we preform daily prayers we perform it physically but our mind is still busy with worldly matters, most of the time these things are not big ones. Things like; how to fix that bug, hot to finish work early, what to buy for today, how to convince the potential customer etc. And after finishing prayer we do not even bother to ask these very same things to Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala).

We should change ourself, we should ask Alla (Subhana wa ta'ala) for whatever we need or want, and that is good no matter how small or big it is. It is He who gives, no mater how hard we try we will get what He wills. He gave us right to ask from Him, and we are such a fool that we are not using it.

2 comments: